AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) is an open source project that was launched primarily to speed up the load time of websites. These pages have features such as speed, good looks, and high performance, unlike many other pages with older structures. With AMP, pages are break with “traditional page loading” thanks to various optimization techniques, which are used in these sites.
Why is it worth?
The project was launched by Google, which still strongly supports it today along with thousands of programmers. The problem of the speed of websites and Google has become closely intertwined in recent years as Google has introduced the mobile-first approach to the public consciousness, which came to the fore, because nowadays it has become the number one device to use.
Could it help with SEO?
Also, Google has tools for tracking the popularity of specific pages, such as the Google Search Console. Previously, only desktop reports were available based on search history, but this has changed with the proliferation of mobiles. Nowadays, detailed reports are available for separate mobile searches that allow website owners to track where they are on Google’s index. Of course, everyone is competing for the better position, the AMP can help with that.
How does it work?
How to use?
Before you start using AMP-based widgets, please go through the following checkpoints:
- Make sure that your website is AMP website
- Validate your website for AMP compatibility
- Make sure that you have pasted the AMP’s iframe component script to the header:
<script async custom-element="amp-iframe" src="https://cdn.ampproject.org/v0/amp-iframe-0.1.js"></script>
How to insert widget into my site?
- Create a new or modify an existing widget, then click on “Save and get code” option
- In the popup window, click on AMP button, then copy the code “to show the widget“
- Copy and paste the code to your site
What to do if I have WordPress site?
The AMP feature is not available in our plugins’ free mode. You can use it with a paid package at https://admin.trustindex.io/.
OK, you got an active subscription…
- You have to make sure about that you have already installed an AMP plugin, which transforms your website to AMP compatible. Sometimes you also need to set it separately to display AMP pages to users.
- Follow the steps above from previous paragraphs
- Use HTML block where you put the (widget’s) copied code