Last updated on September 21, 2023
The following terms and conditions (referred to as the “Terms”) establish the rules for your use and access to Trustindex’s websites, plugins, and applications (collectively referred to as “software and products”) that contain links to or make reference to these Terms (“Site”). By accessing or using the Site, you are indicating your acceptance of these Terms and entering into a legally binding agreement with Trustindex Ltd, a Hungarian corporation with its headquarters in Ujlengyel (“Trustindex”). If you are not willing or unable to abide by these Terms, please refrain from accessing or using the Site.
The terms “You” and “your” pertain to individuals who use the Site, and a “user” is defined as someone who accesses, browses, crawls, or engages with the Site in any manner. On the other hand, “We,” “us,” and “our” are used to denote Trustindex.
The term “Content” encompasses text, images, photos, audio, video, and all other forms of data or communication. “Your Content” refers to the Content that you submit or transmit through or in relation to the Site, such as ratings, reviews, compliments, invitations, messages, and information that you publicly display or that appears in your account profile. “User Content” refers to Content submitted or transmitted by other users through or in connection with the Site. “Trustindex Content” denotes Content generated by us and made available in connection with the Site. “Third Party Content” includes Content originating from entities other than Trustindex or its users, which is provided in connection with the Site. Finally, “Site Content” encompasses all of the Content available in connection with the Site, encompassing Your Content, User Content, Third Party Content, and Trustindex Content.
- Review Guidelines – https://www.trustindex.io/review-guidelines
- Terms of Service – https://www.trustindex.io/terms-of-use
- Trustindex Admin – https://admin.trustindex.io/
- Public Review Summary Page – Every client has an own profile page per domain.
2. CHANGES TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE
We reserve the right to make changes to the Terms periodically. The most up-to-date version of these Terms will always be available on this page. You acknowledge and consent to the fact that your access to and use of the Site are subject to the Terms that are in effect at the time of your access or use. In the event of significant alterations to these Terms, we will notify you either via email or by posting a notice on the Site before the changes become effective. We will also specify the date of the last revisions at the top of this page. It’s advisable to check these Terms regularly, as updated versions will be binding for you. Any such modification becomes effective as soon as we post the new Terms. You comprehend and agree that your continued access to or use of the Site following the effective date of the modified Terms indicates your acceptance of those modifications.
3. USE OF THE SITE
In order to access or use the Site, you must be 18 years of age or older and possess the necessary capacity and authority to agree to these Terms. If you are a direct competitor of ours or if we have previously barred your access to the Site or closed your account, you are not permitted to access or use the Site.
B/ Site Use Authorization
We extend permission for you to utilize the Site, contingent upon compliance with the limitations outlined in these Terms. Your usage of the Site carries inherent risks, which include the possibility of encountering Content that could be offensive, indecent, inaccurate, objectionable, or otherwise unsuitable.
C/ Availability of the Site
The Site’s availability is subject to potential modifications, updates, interruptions, suspensions, or discontinuations at any time, and such actions may occur without prior notice or liability to Trustindex.
D/ User Accounts
To access certain features offered through the Site, you are required to establish an account and furnish specific information about yourself. It is your responsibility to safeguard the confidentiality of your account password and oversee all activities linked to your account. You are obligated to promptly inform us of any unauthorized use of your account. We retain the authority to close your account at any time, with or without cause.
E/ Communications from Trustindex and Other Users
When you create an account, you consent to receive specific communications from Trustindex, as well as from other users and third parties, which may include marketing communications related to the Site. For instance, you may receive messages from other users. Further information regarding potential communications and the option to opt out of non-essential communications can be found:
- at the end of the current e-mail (Newsletters)
- https://admin.trustindex.io/user/settings (User-level notifications)
- https://admin.trustindex.io/company/settings (Company-level notifications)
F) Agreement of Terms
A/ Accountability for Your Content
You bear sole responsibility for Your Content, and once it is published, it may not always be retractable. You accept all associated risks related to Your Content, including anyone’s dependence on its quality, accuracy, or dependability, or any divulgence of personally identifiable information within Your Content. You assert that you own Your Content or possess the necessary permissions to employ and grant the authorization for the use of Your Content as delineated here. It is not permissible to suggest that Trustindex sponsors or endorses Your Content in any way.
You may subject yourself to legal liability if, for instance, Your Content includes content that is inaccurate, deliberately deceptive, or defamatory; infringes upon the rights of third parties, such as copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, moral rights, privacy rights, rights of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights; comprises content that is unlawful, including illegal hate speech or explicit material; exploits or causes harm to minors; or contravenes or promotes the violation of any law or regulation.
B/ Our Authority to Utilize Your Content
We have the authority to employ Your Content in various ways, which encompass public display, reformatting, inclusion in advertisements and other creative works, the generation of derivative works, promotion, distribution, and granting others the same rights for utilization on their own media platforms and websites (“Other Media”). By agreeing to this, you grant us irrevocable, global, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, assignable, sublicensable, and transferable rights to use Your Content for any purpose. It’s important to understand that you also irrevocably bestow upon the users of the Site and any Other Media the right to access Your Content in connection with their use of the Site and any Other Media. Additionally, you irrevocably relinquish any claims or assertions of moral rights or attribution against Trustindex and its users with regard to Your Content. When we say “use,” we mean the ability to employ, copy, publicly present and display, modify, translate, reproduce, distribute, edit, analyze, commercialize, and create derivative works based on Your Content.
In the relationship between you and Trustindex, you retain ownership of Your Content. Trustindex maintains ownership of the Trustindex Content, which encompasses visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, designs, collections (including, but not limited to, our compilation of User Content and other Site Content), products, software, computer code, cumulative user review ratings, and all other elements and components of the Site, excluding Your Content, User Content, and Third Party Content. We also hold the copyrights, trade names, trademarks, service marks, and other intellectual and proprietary rights (“IP Rights”) worldwide, related to the Trustindex Content and the Site. These rights are protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, trademark laws, and all other relevant intellectual and proprietary rights and laws. Therefore, you are not permitted to alter, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, or exploit any portion of the Trustindex Content, except those expressly authorized by us. With the exception of the explicit and clear provisions outlined herein, we do not grant you any explicit or implied rights, and all rights pertaining to the Site and the Trustindex Content remain our property.
Trustindex and its licensees have the right to display advertisements and additional information alongside or within Your Content. You are not eligible for any compensation for these advertisements. The method, format, and scope of such advertising can be altered without providing specific notice to you.
E/ Feed Content
We offer certain Site Content, referred to as “Feed Content,” through various channels such as RSS, Atom Feeds, XML, and Rich Snippets. You are permitted to access and utilize these Feeds to display Feed Content on your personal computer, website, or blog, which we will refer to as “Your Site”, under the following conditions:
(i) Your use of the Feeds should be solely for personal, non-commercial purposes.
(ii) When displaying Feed Content, ensure that it provides a direct link back to the relevant pages on Trustindex’s websites and appropriately credits Trustindex as the source of the Feed Content.
(iii) Your utilization or presentation of the Feed Content should not imply that Trustindex supports or endorses any third-party causes, ideas, websites, products, or services, including those on Your Site.
(iv) Redistribution of the Feed Content is not allowed.
(v) Ensure that your use of the Feeds does not place an undue burden on Trustindex’s systems.
Trustindex retains all rights regarding the Feed Content and reserves the right to terminate the Feeds at its discretion. For any inquiries about alternative uses of the Feeds, please contact us through here.
User Content, which may include content generated by users employed or contracted by Trustindex, does not necessarily represent the viewpoint of Trustindex. We retain the right (though we are not obligated) to periodically remove, review, modify, or reinstate User Content at our sole discretion, for any reason or without reason, and without notifying you. This may include the removal of a review if we determine it contravenes our Review Guidelines. We are under no obligation to store or provide you with copies of Your Content, and we do not make any representations, guarantees, or warranties concerning the confidential treatment of Your Content.
We are not compelled to enforce the Terms on your behalf in case of a violation by another user. Although we encourage you to inform us if you suspect that another user has breached the Terms, we retain the authority to investigate and implement suitable actions at our sole discretion.
A/ You consent not to use the Site to perform the following actions or aid, encourage, or enable others to do so:
- Contravene our Review Guidelines, such as fabricating false or defamatory reviews, participating in review exchanges with other businesses, or providing or receiving compensation for writing or deleting reviews.
- Infringe upon the rights of any third party, including violating confidentiality, copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, moral rights, privacy rights, rights of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Engage in threatening, stalking, harming, or harassing others, or promoting discrimination or bigotry.
- Advertise a business, commercial enterprise, or event, or use the Site for commercial purposes unless you have a Business Account and do so in accordance with Trustindex’s express permissions.
- Dispatch mass emails, surveys, or other bulk messages, except when using the tools provided in connection with a Business Account.
- Attempt to manipulate the Site’s search results or those of any third-party website through practices like keyword spamming.
- Request personal information from minors or submit or transmit explicit content.
- Breach any applicable law or regulation.
B/ Additionally, you pledge not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable others to:
- Breach the Terms.
- Alter, adapt, appropriate, replicate, distribute, translate, form derivative works or adaptations, publicly showcase, sell, trade, or exploit the Site or Site Content (excluding Your Content), except when explicitly authorized by Trustindex.
- Utilize any form of robot, spider, website search or retrieval application, or any other automated mechanism, process, or method to gain access, retrieve, scrape, or index any part of the Site or any Site Content.
- Conduct reverse engineering on any section of the Site.
- Remove or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice visible on any part of the Site or on materials printed or duplicated from the Site.
- Record, process, or collect information about other users.
- Retrieve, access, or catalog any segment of the Site with the intention of developing or populating a searchable database of business reviews.
- Reconfigure or frame any segment of the Site.
- Engage in any activity that, according to our sole judgment, places an unreasonable or disproportionately heavy load on Trustindex’s technological infrastructure or results in excessive demands on the Site’s traffic.
- Attempt to gain entry without authorization to the Site, user accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Site through hacking, password acquisition, or any other means.
- Utilize the Site or any Site Content for the transmission of any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or other destructive elements (collectively referred to as “Viruses”).
- Employ any device, software, or routine that disrupts the proper operation of the Site or make any attempt to disrupt the proper functioning of the Site.
- Exploit the Site to breach the security of any computer network, decipher passwords or security encryption codes, disrupt or compromise the security of the Site or Site Content, or cause harm to them.
- Delete, bypass, deactivate, impair, or otherwise tamper with any security-related functions of the Site, functions that prevent or restrict the use or duplication of Site Content, or features that impose restrictions on the use of the Site.
- Gather any information about other users or members (including email addresses and/or usernames) for any purpose other than sharing or requesting reviews with fellow Trustindex users or members on the Trustindex Site, in compliance with these Terms of Service.
- Generate a user account through automated methods or with deceptive or dishonest intentions.
- Initiate or transmit unsolicited electronic communications, such as “spam,” to other users or members of the Trustindex Site and/or Trustindex Service or engage in actions that disrupt other users’ or members’ enjoyment of the Trustindex Site and/or Trustindex Service.
- Replicate, use, or retain any Content accessible on the Trustindex Site except for personal use.
- Utilize any Content designated as originating from or owned by Trustindex, except as permitted in accordance with these Terms of Service.
- Deliberately or inadvertently use the Trustindex Site and/or Trustindex Service to breach any relevant local, state, federal, or international law or regulation.
- Create multiple user accounts.
- Gather or retain personal data about other users in association with any forbidden activity outlined in this section.
- Request reviews for websites or businesses in which you have a connection, except when using a Business Account and the provided tools.
- Request reviews for websites or businesses that compete with websites or businesses with which you are affiliated.
6. TRUSTINDEX GENERAL GUIDELINES
A/ Review Guidelines
You affirm that you have read and comprehended our Review Guidelines.
(i) Address suspected unlawful activities or violations of these Terms.
(iii) Abide by legal procedures or other government inquiries, including search warrants, subpoenas, statutes, judicial proceedings, or other legal processes served upon us.
(iv) Safeguard our rights, reputation, and assets, as well as those of our users, associates, or the general public.
If you utilize our Service, you grant your consent for the transfer and processing of your personal data in the United States or the European Union.
C/ Copyright & Trademark Disputes
Trustindex adheres to the following general approach regarding copyright infringement, in line with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), as outlined at https://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf. The agent for Trustindex to receive notices of alleged infringement (“Designated Agent”) is provided below.
- Trustindex Ltd
- Address: 2724 Ujlengyel, Nyari Pal utca 15.
- Established: 2018
- Hungarian VAT ID: 26281186-2-13
- EU VAT ID: HU26281186
- Registration number: 13 09 223096
- E-mail: email@example.com
- WWW: www.trustindex.com
D/ Our General Policy
Trustindex’s policy entails:
(i) Blocking access to or removing content that we believe to be copyrighted material that has been unlawfully duplicated and disseminated by any of our advertisers, affiliates, content providers, members, or users.
(ii) Ceasing service and removing content for individuals who repeatedly violate these policies.
E/ Procedure for Filing Copyright Infringements
If you have reason to believe that material or content on the Trustindex Site or Trustindex Service violates a copyright, please transmit an Infringement Notice to the Designated Agent, which must include the following details:
- A physical or electronic signature from an individual authorized to represent the copyright owner, indicating the alleged infringement.
- A precise identification of all the copyrighted works or materials subject to infringement.
- Clear and specific details about the material being claimed as infringing, including its location, with sufficient information for Trustindex to locate and verify its presence.
- Comprehensive contact information for the notifier, including a physical mailing address (excluding P.O. boxes), telephone number, and email address.
- A declaration from the notifier affirming their genuine belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, asserting the accuracy of the provided information and the notifier’s authority to lodge the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
F/ Upon Receiving A Valid Infringement Notice
In case the Designated Agent receives a bona fide Infringement Notice, Trustindex’s policy includes the following actions:
- Removing or disabling access to the infringing material.
- Notifying the content provider, member, or user that access to the material has been removed or disabled.
- For repeat offenders, or at Trustindex’s discretion, terminating the access of the content provider, member, or user to the Trustindex Service.
G/ Procedure for Submitting A Counter-Notification to the Designated Agent
In the event that a content provider, member, or user believes that the removed or disabled material is either (a) non-infringing or (b) legally posted and used with the copyright owner’s permission, the copyright owner’s agent, or as permitted by law, the content provider, member, or user is required to submit a written notice, referred to as a “Right to Use Notice,” containing the following details to the Designated Agent:
- A physical or electronic signature from the member, user, or content provider.
- Identification of the material that was removed or disabled, along with the location where the material was present before it was removed or disabled.
- A statement confirming the content provider, member, or user’s good faith belief that the removal or disabling of the material occurred due to a mistake or misidentification of the material.
- The name, address, telephone number, and email address of the content provider, member, or user.
- A statement indicating that the individual or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court within the judicial district where the content provider’s, member’s, or user’s address is situated, or if the address is outside of Hungary, within any judicial district where Trustindex operates, and that the individual or entity will accept service of process from the party who initially reported the alleged infringement.
In case a Right to Use Notice is received in a timely manner by the Designated Agent, Trustindex reserves the right to forward a copy of the Right to Use Notice to the original complainant, notifying them that they have the option to reinstate the removed material or discontinue the disabling of access within a period of ten (10) business days. Unless the copyright owner initiates legal action to obtain a court order against the content provider, member, or user, the removed material may be reinstated or access to it may be restored approximately within 10 to 14 business days or more after the Right to Use Notice is received, subject to Trustindex’s discretion.
I/ Contacting the Designated Agent
You can reach Trustindex’s Designated Agent for receiving notifications of claimed infringement at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. REGARDING TRUSTINDEX ADVERTISING
If you establish a business owner’s account on the Site or engage in advertising with Trustindex, the Trustindex Advertising Agreement will govern such activities. In case of any inconsistencies or conflicts between the Trustindex Advertising Agreement and these Terms, the Trustindex Advertising Agreement will take precedence.
8. PROPOSALS AND IMPROVEMENTS
By submitting any ideas, suggestions, documents, or proposals (referred to as “Feedback”), you hereby agree that:
(i) Your Feedback does not contain confidential or proprietary information from yourself or any third party.
(ii) We are not bound by any obligation of confidentiality, whether express or implied, concerning the Feedback.
(iii) We may already be considering or developing something similar to the Feedback.
(iv) You grant us an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to utilize, modify, create derivative works from, publish, distribute, and sublicense the Feedback. You also irrevocably waive and ensure the waiver, on behalf of Trustindex and its users, of any claims and assertions of moral rights associated with such Feedback.
9. REGARDING THIRD PARTIES
The Site may feature links to other websites or applications, each referred to as a “Third Party Site.” It’s important to note that we neither control nor endorse any Third Party Site. You acknowledge that we are not accountable for the availability or the content found on such Third Party Sites. Your utilization of Third Party Sites is at your own discretion and risk. Additionally, certain services accessible through the Site may be subject to additional terms and disclosures related to third-party or open-source licensing.
You consent to indemnify, defend, and shield Trustindex, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliated entities, related companies, suppliers, licensors, partners, as well as the officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives of all these entities, collectively referred to as the “Trustindex Entities,” from any claims or demands brought forth by any third party in relation to:
(i) Your access to or utilization of the Site.
(ii) Your breach of the Terms.
(iii) Any products or services acquired by you through the Site.
(iv) Any infringement, whether by you or a third party using your account, of the intellectual property or any other rights of an individual or entity.
Trustindex maintains the right, at your cost, to take on the sole defense and management of any issue for which you are obligated to indemnify us, and you consent to collaborate with our defense regarding such claims. You further agree not to resolve any such matter without obtaining the prior written consent of Trustindex. Trustindex will make reasonable attempts to inform you of any such claim, legal action, or proceeding upon its awareness.
11. DISCLAIMERS AND LIABILITY LIMITATIONS
It’s essential to carefully review this section, as it places restrictions on the liability of the Trustindex entities towards you. Each of the subsections outlined below applies to the maximum extent allowed by applicable law. This is not intended to restrict any rights that you may possess but cannot be legally limited. If you have any uncertainties about this or any other part of these terms, it is advisable to consult with a legal professional before accessing or using the site. By accessing or utilizing the site, you affirm that you have read, comprehended, and accepted these terms, including this section. It’s important to recognize that you are relinquishing significant legal rights by agreeing to these terms.
- The site is provided to you on an “as is,” “with all faults,” and “as available” basis, with the explicit understanding that the Trustindex entities may not review, monitor, control, or vet user-generated content. Your usage of the site is solely at your own discretion and risk. The Trustindex entities do not make any representations or commitments regarding the site’s quality, accuracy, reliability, its safety and security, or the content on the site. Consequently, the Trustindex entities are not responsible for any losses or damages that may occur, including those arising from the site’s inoperability, unavailability, or security vulnerabilities, or stemming from your reliance on the quality, accuracy, or reliability of business listings, ratings, reviews (including their content, order, and display), or metrics located on, used, or provided through the site.
- The Trustindex entities do not provide any assurances or commitments regarding third parties, including the businesses or advertisers featured on the site or the site’s users. Consequently, the Trustindex entities are not accountable to you for any losses or damages that may result from the actions or omissions of third parties. This includes scenarios where another user or business misuses your content, identity, or personal information, or if you have a negative experience with any of the businesses or advertisers listed or highlighted on the site. Your decision to purchase and use products or services offered by third parties through the site is made at your own discretion and risk.
- The Trustindex entities explicitly disavow all warranties, whether expressed or implied, including warranties concerning the products or services provided by businesses listed on the site, as well as implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a specific purpose, and non-infringement. No oral or written information or advice offered to you by a representative of any of the Trustindex entities should be considered as creating a representation or warranty.
- Your only and exclusive recourse should you become dissatisfied with the website, its related services, or any other grievances, is to terminate and discontinue your access to or use of the site.
- The maximum combined liability of the Trustindex entities for any losses or damages you may incur in relation to the site or these terms is restricted to the higher of the following: (I) the amount, if any, that you paid to the Trustindex entities within the 12 months preceding the event that led to the liability, or (ii) $100.
- The Trustindex entities deny responsibility for any of the following: (I) indirect, unique, unexpected, punitive, exemplary, reliance, or consequential damages; (ii) loss of profits; (iii) business interruption; (iv) reputational damage; or (v) loss of information or data.
12. SELECTION OF LAW AND METHOD OF ARBITRATION
- Any claim, controversy, cause of action, or dispute that may arise between a user and Trustindex (“Claim”) will be exclusively subject to the laws of Hungary, with due regard to principles that may allow for the use of another jurisdiction’s laws. The user consents that any subpoena, third-party discovery request, or other third-party process aimed at Trustindex must originate from courts situated in Budapest, Hungary.
- All Claims must be conclusively settled through final and binding arbitration, which will be conducted and governed by the rules of the Hungarian Courts. The arbitration proceedings will take place in Budapest, Hungary. However, the involved parties have the option to decide whether they wish to participate in person, via phone, or by submitting documents.
- The arbitrator will render a written decision, outlining all factual and legal determinations that led to the decision. The arbitrator will not possess the authority to make legal errors or lapses in legal reasoning, and the decision can be invalidated or rectified through an appeal to a court with appropriate jurisdiction for such errors. The arbitrator’s decision will, in all other respects, be ultimate and binding for all parties involved and may be entered into any court with the requisite jurisdiction.
- Despite the preceding provisions, in cases not covered by arbitration or when there is a dispute regarding the enforceability of this arbitration clause or its applicability to a particular claim, you consent to and agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of courts situated in Budapest, Hungary.
- Both the user and Trustindex concur that they may only initiate or participate in claims against the other party on an individual basis, rather than as a plaintiff or member of any supposed class or representative action. Unless both Trustindex and the user reach a different agreement, the arbitrator is not allowed to merge or include the claims of other individuals or parties who may be in similar circumstances, and is also prohibited from presiding over any type of representative or class action. If a claim falls under this subsection (c), and if a court determines that this subsection (c) is invalid, unenforceable, or unlawful, the claim must be resolved in court and not through arbitration.
- These Terms will continue to be in effect for as long as you use the Trustindex Site or Trustindex Service. Trustindex reserves the right to terminate these Terms of Service at any time and for any reason, and such termination will be communicated by posting on the Trustindex Site.
- We reserve the right to close your account, suspend your access to specific parts of the Site, or ban you from the Site entirely, with or without cause, and without prior notice or any associated liability. Such actions could potentially restrict your ability to access your account, the Site, Your Content, Site Content, or any other relevant information.
- If these Terms are terminated, whether by you or us, Sections 1, 4, 5, and 8 through 14 will remain fully effective, including our entitlement to use Your Content as specified in Section 4.
14. FUNCTIONING OF PLATFORMS, RIGHTS, RESPONSIBILITIES
Trustindex retrieves reviews and ratings from ? rating platforms on a daily basis. Trustindex does not accept any responsibility regarding any error and availability issues of the platforms (for example updating the reviews, downloading new ones…).
Trustindex will try to correct any errors in the review download process as soon as possible. The users will be informed of this via an automated email.
If a review platform decides that it no longer provides access to Trustindex, Trustindex shall be entitled to take down the reviews associated with that platform. In this case, Trustindex is not entitled to any refund or compensation to any of its customers (this applies to all products and services).
15. REQUESTING A REVISION OF THE REVIEWS
15.A. If the review is submitted through the Trustindex platform
Everyone can request a revision of a review published on the Trustindex platform if the validity of the review arises. The review is considered unacceptable (thereby deleted) if it contradicts any of the conditions stated in the Review Guidelines.
The official way to revise a review is to report the review through the Trustindex system. This can be done on the “Review management” page in Trustindex Admin or on the Public Review Summary Page by clicking on the “Report” button and selecting the perceived reason.
Once the report is submitted, our customer service team will request proof (images, documentation, invoice, receipt) from the person who wrote the review. This allows us to verify if there was any relationship between the company and the reviewer.
The reviewer has 2 weeks to produce the evidence (of the service or purchase) or contact us. During this time, the review can appear in the same way as it does before the revision process.
The revision of the review has 2 possible outcomes:
- If the reviewer submits proof and it will be accepted: the review remains unchanged.
- If the reviewer does not submit any acceptable evidence within the grace period, the review will be marked as unacceptable and can be removed from Trustindex forever. It will not appear on the Public Review Summary Page and will not be included in the rating score.
We will not remove the review only upon a request being made. If you have a problem with a review, we suggest you start an official review revision.
15.B. If the review is NOT submitted through the Trustindex platform
If the review originates not from Trustindex, but another review platform, yet it appears on the Trustindex Public Review Summary Page due to aggregation, the review revision must be initiated on the platform where the review was submitted, because Trustindex has no power to remove reviews posted on Google, Facebook, and other platforms. If a review is deleted on the original platform, it will also be removed from the Trusitndex system within 1 week at the latest, as reviews are automatically updated sooner or later by the platform.
16. RIGHTS PER ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES IN RELATION TO REVIEWS
16.A. Rights of the reviewer
The reviewer can
a review written by her/him.
It is recommended that when writing a review, the person writing the review should always take the Review Guideline into account and try to provide as much useful advice as possible about the product or service, for people who will be buying from the company in the future.
If you do not comply with the Review Guidelines when writing your review, Trustindex has the right to delete the review immediately.
The text of the review is the intellectual property of the reviewer. Trustindex may act on behalf of the reviewer in legal matters or disputes to protect the reviewer’s intellectual property.
The Trustindex Terms and Conditions define the rights related to the review.
16.B. Rights of the reviewed company
A company/domain on trustindex.io can only have one account. In case of duplications, Trustindex has the right to delete the duplicate data sheets of identical domains and the corresponding accounts.
For each review collected, whether negative or positive, Trustindex encourages the company collecting the review to respond. This allows you to connect with your customers and build trust online.
Trustindex provides companies that collect reviews with an automatic or manual response option. For these generated responses Trustindex does not take any responsibility. It is recommended that you always verify the response provided by Trustindex yourself.
If the Seller Rating partnership is requested, the company collecting the reviews agrees that the data sheet and the reviews generated therein will be maintained in Trustindex and third-party systems regardless of the company’s wishes.
16.C. Rights of Trustindex
Trustindex has the right to own, use and display the reviews through any medium closely related to the Trustindex website, its organization, or its system.
Trustindex gives the review writer the opportunity to modify/delete the review.
Trustindex gives the reviewed company and every visitor the opportunity to report the review it believes to be false.
Trustindex has the right to delete any review if it violates the Review Guideline.
16. CANCELLATION OF SUBSCRIPTIONS
Customers can delete a company profile in Trustindex Admin, under “Company settings” menu item.
Customers can delete their own account in Trustindex Admin, under “Settings” > “User” menu item.
Customers can cancel their subscriptions in the Trustindex Admin, under “Settings > My package” menu item.
Customers can set up and cancel all auto-renewal options. That’s strictly the Customer’s responsibility. Trustindex reserves the right to collect the fee of the automatically renewed package.
17. REFUND POLICY
17.A. 30-day money-back guarantee
Trustindex offers new Customers a 30-day full money-back guarantee on their first purchase for every subscription. It means that if the Customer is not satisfied with any part of the subscription, we will refund the full price within the full money-back guarantee period.
To request a refund, the customer must email our Customer Service.
Requests for a refund outside of the full money-back guarantee period will be automatically rejected.
For renewing subscriptions, refund requests will be automatically rejected.
17.B. Handling of refunds
The finance department deals with refunds every 1-2 weeks. Refunds are handled in bulk. Thus, even for legitimate cases, you may have to wait a few days for a refund.
After the finance department reviewed and accepted the refund request, Trustindex sends out the stub invoice.
The actual return of the money to the account is independent of Trustindex, but it can take a few bank working days.
18. REGARDING PROMOTIONS AND DISCOUNTS
Discounts, promotions, and offers are determined by Trustindex, and discounts provided by Trustindex are valid until revoked.
Offers cannot be combined with other currently ongoing promotions or active discounts.
If you delete your account and decide to renew it later on, you will no longer be able to take advantage of the onboarding promotion.
Participants can take advantage of the onboarding promotion only once. No plan transfers between accounts are allowed.
Trustindex at all times reserves the right, at sole discretion, to deny promotion participation and promotional prices to any individual.
Trustindex has the right to change these terms and conditions at any point in time.
To the extent that these conditions do not cover certain situations, Trustindex will decide upon a solution.
19. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We retain the authority to alter, update, or cease the Site at our exclusive discretion, at any time, for any reason or for no reason, and without prior notice or associated liability.
- We may provide you with notifications, which may include those concerning modifications to the Terms, through email, regular mail, or communications within the Site.
- Unless expressly specified in Section 9 above, nothing in this agreement is intended, and shall not be construed, to grant rights or remedies to any third party.
- The Terms constitute the complete agreement between you and us pertaining to the use of the Site, and they override any prior agreements on the same subject matter between you and us. Both parties acknowledge that no reliance is placed on any representations made that are not expressly included in these Terms.
- Trustindex’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision outlined in the Terms does not equate to a waiver of that particular right or provision. The absence of Trustindex’s exercise of any right specified herein does not imply a relinquishment of any additional rights under these Terms.
- If any section of the Terms is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, only that particular provision shall be adjusted to reflect the intentions of the parties, or removed to the extent required, so that the Terms remain in effect and enforceable in all other respects.
- The Terms and any associated rights or obligations cannot be assigned, transferred, or sublicensed by you without prior written consent from Trustindex. However, Trustindex reserves the right to assign or transfer them without any restrictions. Any attempt by you to assign these rights shall be considered a violation of these Terms and will be deemed invalid.
- The section titles in the Terms are provided for convenience only and do not hold any legal or contractual significance.