Online reviews play a big role when it comes to consumer choices. Before your potential customers visit your store in-person or buy your product online, they look for other customer reviews on platforms such as Google, Yelp, Facebook, etc.
90% of companies who utilize review displaying widgets use filters to only display positive feedback to potential customers.
The most commonly used filter by these companies are the ones that only show 4 and 5 star reviews.
In this blog post, we would like to showcase how easily you can use Trustindex to display the positive feedback you get to your customers.
Set up the widget
- Log into your Trustindex account with the help of your e-mail and password.
- After logging in, select the widget configurator option from the menu on the left side, then choose ’create website widget’.
- If you have not saved any previously created widgets, you have the option to do so now.
Within this menu, you can choose the platforms on which you want to edit the widget.
When editing the layout you can pick the following styles: full width, sidebar, badge and popup widgets.
When it comes to the widget style itself, you have 9 options to sort through.
- After you’re all set up, you have the ability to check the widget in a preview window. If you have any changes you would like to make, you can adjust the widget according to the previous step.
- Under the preview you can access the settings.
Here you can:
- name the widget
- choose the platform you want to use as the source of the reviews
- showcase all your reviews or set a rating filter so the widget only displays the 4 and 5 star reviews
- set tag filters
- set the language of the reviews
- change the color scheme again for the widget
- opt to show a verified review icon in the widget
- You have the option to set further settings such as appearance, reviews, links and slider settings.
- Within Appearance you have the following options:
- setting the refresh rate of the showcased reviews (daily, weekly, monthly, never)
- whether you want to show the reviewer’s photo
- altering the date’s format
- personalize colors, styles and sizes within the inner and outer review card menus and in the navigation section
- Inside the Reviews menu you can choose their language, their lenght, number of reviews you want to display and the order in wich you want to showcase them.
- Within the Links menu you have the option to alter the header/footer URL as well as enable or disable following links.
- Lastly, in Slider settings you can personalize the rotation of the displayed reviews in the widget.
- After saving the page refreshes and you can now see the generated source code. All you have to do is copy and paste the right one into your website.
Now you’re all set with your brand new widget, which only displays positive reviews.
You can find your saved widgets on the left side menu under Widget Configurator -> Saved website widgets.