Dr Ferreira is a fantastic and exceptionally skilled Doctor.
After several months of research, I shortlisted Dr Ferreira amongst 52 of the worlds top doctors. From the outset, I could tell Dr Ferreira was going to be the doctor of choice. Some of the reasons are provided below, in addition to confirmation of such through my experience with him and his team:
1) He has worked alongside Dr Lorenzo, one of the major heavyweights of the hair transplant industry. When choosing my doctor, I had to be absolutely sure of their experience and background, and Dr Ferreira's CV is immaculate.
2) Dr Ferreira provided a meticulous summary of the issues I had with my hair during the initial consultation stage (although yes, I had to pay for the fast-track, but he was already one of my shortlisted doctors at that point) - I doubt you would get a response from Dr Ferreira within 4 weeks otherwise, as he is in exceptionally high demand.
3) Dr Ferreira won't even consider you as a patient, until you've actively stabilised your hair. After speaking with 52 of the worlds best doctors - I can assure this that only the best doctors operate in this manner (he's not trying to force you into the chair).
4) He only uses one patient manager, and she is amazing - Ines will guide you properly, and not impose any pressure like other patient managers.
5) When you visit his clinic in Espinho (only about 40min train ride from Porto, very easy and cheap to get to, even by taxi direct), you'll notice how modern it is. It's clean and minimalist - matching his brand and philosophy.
6) Dr Ferreira surrounds himself with a small team which shape his entire operation - these are very carefully selected staff, as he runs a tight ship and the whole squad is aligned to work as one unit.
7) As a true perfectionist, he spent over 30 minutes adjusting the hairline until he felt like it was correct. It really shows you how much passion he has for his work.
8) The most fundamental criteria I had was to have a doctor undertake the surgery solely for me on the day. No other surgeries, no other distractions. There are very few doctors that operate in this manner, because its quite expensive to run. However, Dr Ferreira is firm in his approach to only operate on one patient per day - this is the safest and most appropriate method of surgery of this type.
9) The lunch provided during the middle of the day at the clinic is truly exceptional, fresh cooked meal which you can eat in your own comfort, as an entire area is designated for your benefit.
10) The aftercare is fantastic, Dr Ferreira and his team are available for any queries after the operation. For the first four days post-transplant, I stayed in Espinho and revisited the clinic on the 4th day post-op to see Dr Ferreira and have my hair washed.
Overall, the whole setup is just blissful and I didn't experience any issues whilst under Dr Ferreira's care. I highly recommend speaking with him if you get an opportunity to discuss your goals.
Wow, Akif! Thank you so much for the kind words. It means a lot to Dr. Ferreira and to the entire team to know that we were able to help you. Above all, we are grateful that you trusted us with something so important as your hair. We can't wait to see the final result!